This dip is sure to be the hit of any gathering! (No one need know how simple it is to throw together). Make it a day ahead, if you like, and bake it just before serving.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (9-ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Toasted bread for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 3 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and cook until barely starting to brown, 7 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the artichoke mixture and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan; transfer to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake until the top is browned and the filling is bubbly, 28-30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.