This can’t truly be called a latte since I usually make it with non-dairy milk but it is extremely tasty, with just the right amount of spice. You can refrigerate any that’s leftover and reheat later in the day or the next day.
- 2 cups water
- 1 inch piece ginger, if not organic, and sliced into 4 pieces
- 2 cardamon pods, lightly crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1-2 table spoons grean tea, sencha, or your favorite type
- 1 1/2 cups low fat or nondairy milk , such as almond, rice or coconut beverage
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of matcha powder, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil with the ginger slices, cardamom pods and cinnamon. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in green tea leaves into water, and let steep for 2 minutes. Add agave syrup, milk and salt, and heat until hot but not boiling over medium heat.
- To serve, strain into cups. Add more agave syrup if desired, to taste.