Chef Keith Snow creates a vegetarian sandwich with grilled zucchini, red onions, zucchini squash, red peppers, mushrooms and fresh mozzarella.
- 1-3 slices grilled eggplant
- good extra olive oil, for drizzling
- 1-2 slices grilled zucchini
- 1-2 slices grilled bell pepper
- 2 slices grilled red onion
- 1 grilled portobello mushroom cap
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices good whole grain bread
- On good whole grain bread or foccacia, layer the vegetables and the cheese, season each layer with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add basil ribbons and drizzle with olive oil.
- Slice sandwich and serve with a side salad and glass of crisp white wine.