Fast, easy and fake! The unique dressing is best when made a day in advance - simply shake it up in an empty jar and toss with romaine, spring mix or your favorite salad green.
- For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or similar light salad oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic , finely grated
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 pinch chili powder or Chipotle chili powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
- For the Salad
- 12 cups salad greens
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- roasted pepitas
- roasted red peppers
- tortilla chips, crumbled
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake.
- To make the Mexican Caesar Salad, top salad greens with dressing, roasted pepitas, roasted red peppers, Cotija cheese and a crumble of tortilla chips, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover dressing.