Warning: this dish should be x-rated—or even illegal.
- 1 pound gemelli pasta
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 ounced aged Irish Chedder, shredded
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat an 8 cup baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions; drain.
- For the topping, combine the bread crumbs and cheese in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and truffle oil; mix well.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the foam subsides stir in the flour and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, increase the heat to medium high, add the dry mustard and cayenne, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium and cook until thickened 2-3 minutes. Add the Gruyere and cheddar cheeses and cook, stirring, until melted. Off the heat stir in the truffle oil, salt, and pepper. Add the pasta and stir until well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the top is golden and the cheese sauce is bubbling, 18-20 minutes.