Turn this wonderful savory dinner into the world’s most flavorful chicken salad for lunch. Remove leftover chicken from the bone (discard the skin) and cut in 1/2-inch pieces. Combine with chopped celery, carrots, red onion and just enough light mayonnaise to moisten. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve between slices of hearty whole grain bread.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-5 pound whole chicken, cut up
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, oregano, basil, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture evenly over the chicken. Place chicken on a large baking sheet with a shallow rim.
- Bake chicken until lightly browned and an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the thigh registers 165°F. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.