This rich, flavorful pork chop belies the ease with which it is prepared. Pair it with a glass of merlot for a weeknight gourmet treat.
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup ower sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 4 oz boneless center cut pork chops
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Combine the cornstarch with about the same amount of water and stir until dissolved. Stir the cornstarch mixture in with the broth, wine, brown sugar, cherries and rosemary. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high. Add the pork and cook without moving for 3-4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned. Remove from the pan.
- Add the broth mixture to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and somewhat reduced, and no longer tastes of “raw” wine. Add the pork back in, turning it over once to coat it completely in the sauce, and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the pork is warm and cooked through.