Learn how to prepare Dry Rubbed Skillet-Cooked Rib Eye Steak, a Texas classic.
- 1 1-inch thick bone-in ribeye
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the spices together with sugar; sprinkle the steak with the spice mixture and rub it into the steak.
- Drizzle the steak with olive oil and rub to coat evenly.
- Put the steak in a hot oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium high heat, and place another smaller skillet on top of the steak; apply pressure for about 30 seconds for a good sear and then remove the top skillet.
- Turn the steak over and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast the steak 8 minutes for medium.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.circulon