An effortless wine-based dessert for two that is sure to please your Valentine.
- 1 1/2 cups Moscato wine
- 1/4 ounce packet plain gelatin powder
- 1 blood orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a small 1-quart saucepan, add ½ cup of the Moscato. Bring to a brisk simmer, but keep an eye on it as Moscato wine is typically effervescent and easily boils over.
- Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the gelatin powder. Whisk very well for 1 minute. Next, stir in the remaining 1 cup of Moscato wine.
- Divide the Moscato and gelatin mixture into two serving glasses. I used two coupe glasses that hold ¾ cup of liquid each. Place plastic wrap over the serving glasses, and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or up to 2 days in advance.
- Next, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar together in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Mix until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- To serve, remove the plastic wrap from the glasses and top each Moscato gelee with a few slices of blood orange. Dollop the sweetened whipped cream on top, and serve immediately.