Like its Mediterranean cousin pasta alla puttanesca, this aromatic seafood dish is healthy, easy to prepare and delicious.
- DISH TYPE
- 4 6 ounce tuna steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 Sprinkle the tuna with the salt and pepper.
- 2 Combine the garlic, anchovy paste, tomato, lemon juice, olives, capers and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- 3 Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium high. Sear it 2 minutes per side, or until cooked almost to desired degree of doneness (it will cook a little more as it sits).
- 4 Remove the tuna from the skillet and add the tomato mixture. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or until the garlic is no longer raw and the tomato is heated through. Stir in the parsley.
- 5 Serve each tuna steak with one-fourth of the puttanesca topping.