Sautéed Summer Squash with Wilted Cherry Tomatoes
Everything you love about summer vegetables is here in one bowl! Cook the vegetables just until they are crisp-tender for maximum flavor.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots (thinly sliced)
- 6 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 8 ounce zucchini ( halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces)
- 1 8 ounce yellow squash (halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces)
- 1 cup assorted color cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
Heat the oil in a Circulon 11" Skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the shallots and cook until starting to soften, 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until beginning to brown slightly, 2-3 minutes longer. Stir in the zucchini and squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp tender, 5-6 minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook until tomatoes just start to wilt, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.