Radish and Asparagus Wild Rice Salad
Grilled veggies add depth to this herb-y wild rice salad. Serve this as a side at your next cookout, or as a simple main dish on a weeknight.
3-4 as main dish, 6-8 as a side
- 1 cup dry wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 5 spring onions (halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 pound asparagus (sliced)
- 1/2 pound radishes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (torn)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (torn)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (torn)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (torn)
- sea salt
- Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sugar
- pinch salt
Pour the rice into a Circulon® Innovatum 2 Qt. Covered Saucepan and cover with the water and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until the rice is tender and beginning to split.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan or a grill to medium heat. Toss the onions, asparagus and radishes with the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Grill the vegetables until they are tender and grill marks appear, about 4-5 minutes.
Make the vinaigrette: whisk all ingredients together until blended.
Toss the rice with the vegetables, fresh herbs and vinaigrette. Serve warm.