Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Popcorn
Crunchy popcorn, salty pretzels, and mini peanut butter cups covered in peanut butter caramel and generously drizzled with milk chocolate and peanut butter.
- DISH TYPE
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chocolate chips
- 1 In a Circulon Ultimum 6-quart Covered Stockpot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add a few kernels of popcorn. When the kernels pop, add the remaining popcorn and cover with a lid. Gently shake the pot over the burner to keep them from burning as the kernels pop. Continue shaking until the popping has slowed. Remove from heat and let cool. Combine the popped popcorn and pretzels in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2 Grease a Circulon sheet pan and set aside. In a Circulon Ultimum 2-quart Covered Saucepan, heat the sugar and honey over medium heat until bubbly, boil gently for 2 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Pour over the popcorn and pretzels and stir gently to coat. Spread onto greased sheet pan and allow to cool.
- 3 When cool, sprinkle with the mini peanut butter cups. Melt the milk chocolate chips by microwaving for 10 second intervals, stirring between each session. When melted, drizzle over the cooled popcorn. Repeat with the peanut butter chips. Let cool to harden. Store in an airtight container.