Pasta Salad with Lemon Caper Dressing
Dill, lemon and capers make a refreshing combination for pasta salad.
Salad Side Dish
Pasta or Noodles
6 to 8
- 12 ounces uncooked penne rigate (or farfalle pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon caper liquid
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried dill, salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 large stalks celery (sliced)
- 1/2 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives (or medium pitted ripe olives, cut into halves)
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (or crumbled feta (optional garnish))
Cook pasta as package directs. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water; drain.
Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl: lemon juice, olive oil, capers plus liquid, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Stir well; let stand 10 minutes.
Just before serving, add pasta, celery, onion, spinach and olives; toss to coat. Garnish with cheese, if desired.