Pan Roasted Corn, Sweet Peppers, and Arugula
Pan roasting the corn intensifies its flavors and natural sugars. Cook all the vegetables just until they are more brightly colored and crisp-tender—that’s when their flavors will peak.
Side Side Dish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from 6 ears)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 6 green onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
Add the corn and cook until bright yellow, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and thyme and cook 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the green onions and cook 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, salt, and pepper, stirring until the butter melts.
Stir in the arugula and serve.