One-Pot Vegetarian Enchilada
Packed with flavor, this easy stovetop Vegetarian Enchilada is a great meal for the whole family to enjoy during the holidays. The best part about this gourmet-looking meal is that it comes together in one skillet and under 30 minutes!This recipe was created exclusively for Circulon® by Manali Singh of Cook with Manali.
- DISH TYPE
- PREP TIME
- COOK TIME
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 4-5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 medium red pepper (chopped)
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained & rinced)
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (frozen, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teapsoon chipotle powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 5 6-inch corn tortillas (roughly cut into 2x2 pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend (or cheese of choice)
- cilantro (to garnish)
- jalapeños (sliced to serve)
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the 10-inch Circulon Symmetry Merlot French Skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and the garlic and cook for 2 minutes until the onions soften.
- 2 Add the chopped red pepper, sweet potato, black beans and sweet corn followed by the ground cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle powder (optional), salt and mix until everything is well combined.
- 3 Cover the skillet and cook the vegetables for around 5-6 minutes until done.
- 4 Stir in the enchilada sauce, mix, and add cut corn tortillas. Stir.
- 5 Top with the cheese and then set heat to low. Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it remain covered for 2 more minutes or until the cheese completely melts.
- 6 Garnish with cilantro and serve with sliced jalapeños!