One-Pot Vegetarian Enchilada
Packed with flavor, this easy stovetop Vegetarian Enchilada is a great meal for the whole family to enjoy during the holidays. The best part about this gourmet-looking meal is that it comes together in one skillet and under 30 minutes! This recipe was created exclusively for Circulon® by Manali Singh of Cook with Manali.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 4-5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 medium red pepper (chopped)
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained & rinced)
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (frozen, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teapsoon chipotle powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 5 6-inch corn tortillas (roughly cut into 2x2 pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend (or cheese of choice)
- cilantro (to garnish)
- jalapeños (sliced to serve)
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the 10-inch Circulon Symmetry Merlot French Skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and the garlic and cook for 2 minutes until the onions soften.
Add the chopped red pepper, sweet potato, black beans and sweet corn followed by the ground cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle powder (optional), salt and mix until everything is well combined.
Cover the skillet and cook the vegetables for around 5-6 minutes until done.
Stir in the enchilada sauce, mix, and add cut corn tortillas. Stir.
Top with the cheese and then set heat to low. Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it remain covered for 2 more minutes or until the cheese completely melts.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with sliced jalapeños!