This is my alternative to the “after dinner mint” where roasted almonds are coated in a sweet, minty powder. The almonds and mint together are so moreish, you’ll find it hard to stop at one. Great with coffee or just to snack on!
- DISH TYPE
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Place nuts on an oven tray and roast for 5-7 minutes or until aromatic and golden inside.
- 3 Melt the honey in a small saucepan and add the almonds. Mix well, so all the nuts are coated in the honey, then turn into a sieve to drain off excess.
- 4 Place the corn starch and sugar in a large zip lock bag. Add a few drops essence and shake bag well. Taste to see if there is enough mint flavor, and add more until you like the balance.
- 5 Add almonds, seal bag and toss well, so all almonds have a thick white coating.
- 6 Turn out mixture onto a paper lined tray to cool completely before placing in a glass jar or airtight container. These will keep in a cool spot or the refrigerator for 1-2 months.