Martin Yan’s Potstickers
Chef Martin Yan marinates Napa cabbage, shiitake mushroom, ginger, garlic and ground meat in sesame seed oil and oyster sauce and then bundles the mixture in potsticker wrappers.
- DISH TYPE
- 20 round potsticker wrappers
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 dried black mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground pork or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster-flavored sauce
- 1 In a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 2 In a bowl, soak mushrooms in warm water to cover until softened, about 15 minutes; drain. Discard stems and coarsely chop caps.
- 3 In a bowl, combine Napa cabbage and salt, toss well and set aside until cabbage wilts, about for 5 minutes. Squeeze out and discard excess water.
- 4 Combine mushrooms and cabbage with remaining filling ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- 5 To make each potsticker, place about a tablespoon of filling in center of a potsticker wrapper. Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp cloth to prevent them from drying. Brush edges of wrapper with a small amount of water, fold in half and press edges to seal. Set potsticker on work surface, seam side up, and press lightly to form a flat bottom.
- 6 Heat a Circulon Symmetry Chocolate Skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add potstickers, seam side up, and cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add water, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed, about 4 -5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve potstickers with spicy dipping sauce.