Italian Skillet Pasta
Fresh tomatoes, eggplant and even green beans make this veggie-packed pasta delicious. Blend half of the vegetables to make a quick sauce. The best part, this weeknight dinner comes together in one skillet!
- DISH TYPE
- 8 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons, plus more for garnish fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots (peeled, sliced root to tip)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans (trimmed)
- fresh oregano (for serving)
- 1 Mix together ricotta, chopped basil and black pepper. Set aside.
- 2 Cook pasta in a Circulon Elementum Straining Saucepan and salted water until just al dente. Drain; set aside.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Circulon Elementum Nonstick Saute over medium-high heat. Add the sliced shallots and garlic and cook until just soft, about 2 minutes. Add eggplant, half the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is browning and getting soft, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 4 Transfer half the veggie mixture to a blender with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt, and blend until smooth. Transfer back to the skillet.
- 5 Turn heat to medium, add green beans and remaining fresh tomatoes, and cook until just heated through, about 1 minute. Serve immediately topped with ricotta and garnished with extra basil and oregano.