Fajita Stir-Fry with Lime Quinoa
This quick and easy Mexican-inspired stir-fry is delicious and healthy – lime quinoa topped with spicy fajita chicken and strips of red pepper and onion will quickly become your new favorite family dinner.
- DISH TYPE
- For the lime quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- For the fatjita stir-fry:
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breast halves (cut into strips)
- 1/2 yellow onion (julienned)
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper (julienned)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley or cilantro leaves
- 1 To make the Lime Quinoa: In a Circulon Ultimum Saucepan, cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Once the quinoa is cooked, add lime zest and juice and stir well. Set aside.
- 2 To make the Fajita Stir Fry: Preheat you Circulon Ultimum Wok over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 3 In a small measuring cup, whisk together the spices (cumin, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and paprika). Add olive oil and whisk well.
- 4 In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the spice mixture. Toss to coat the chicken.
- 5 Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside.
- 6 Add pepper and onion to the pan. Add more olive oil if needed. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 7 Add the chicken to the vegetables and stir together. Cook together for 3 minutes on medium low heat.
- 8 Remove from the heat and serve over Lime Quinoa.