Dutch Apple Pancakes with Warm Cinnamon-Infused Maple Syrup
The spectacular presentation of Dutch Apple Pancakes with Warm Cinnamon-Infused Maple Syrup will delight the eye. These are a sumptuous, delicious treat.
- DISH TYPE
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Granny smith apples
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Crack 6 large eggs into a bowl. Whisk together milk & eggs.
- 2 Mix in flour, sugar & salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3 Slice apples into 1/4-inch slices.
- 4 Squeeze lemon onto apples to prevent discoloration.
- 5 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F & place an oven-safe nonstick skillet in the oven to melt 1/2 cup butter.
- 6 Remove the skillet from the oven once butter has melted and the pan is hot. Turn pan to distribute butter.
- 7 Pour pancake mixture into the hot pan & bake for 20 minutes.
- 8 In another nonstick skillet, melt brown sugar with remaining butter and sauté apples in the brown sugar mix.
- 9 Cook apples until they are soft & caramelized.
- 10 In a small nonstick pan, heat maple syrup with cinnamon stick, to infuse flavor.
- 11 Remove the pancake from the oven and pour the caramelized apple on top of the pancakes.
- 12 Serve with whipped cream & syrup.