Classic Macaroni Salad
Whether for a cook-out or weeknight meal, this classic dish is a real crowd-pleaser. The recipe easily doubles and it keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
Salad Side Dish
Pasta or Noodles
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, drained)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions; drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
Combine the macaroni, onion, bell pepper and celery in a large bowl. Combine the mayonnaise, relish, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the macaroni and serve.