Classic Buttermilk Pancakes with Orange Infused Maple Syrup
The one pancake recipe you’ll ever need to make light, fluffy pancakes. Top them with a drizzle of this warm orange-flavored maple syrup for an ideal way to start your day.
- DISH TYPE
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 large orange ((zest of) )
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Softened unsalted butter (for serving (optional))
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- 2 Warm the maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange zest. Keep warm.
- 3 Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until just blended.
- 4 Heat a Circulon Momentum 11-Inch Square Griddle over medium heat. For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Cook until the tops are covered with small bubbles and the edges seem set, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer pancakes to a large baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 5 To serve, divide pancakes among 4 plates and top each with butter if desired and 1/4 cup maple syrup.