Chocolate-Hazelnut Crispy Treats
A favorite childhood treat gets a sweet upgrade with the addition of chocolate-hazelnut spread. Drizzle each treat with chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt for the ultimate treat.
- DISH TYPE
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10.5 ounces (1 bag) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (e.g. Nutella)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- For the topping:
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate or white chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- 1 Prepare a 9x13" pan by lightly greasing with oil or butter. Line the pan with parchment paper and an additional light coating of oil or butter.
- 2 Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- 3 Add in mini marshmallows and stir continuously until melted.
- 4 Add vanilla extract, Nutella and a pinch of salt, stirring to combine.
- 5 Mix in cereal, until all cereal is coated, and then press mixture into an even layer in the 9x13” pan. (Tip: to prevent cereal from sticking to your hands, coat your hands with a light layer of oil or butter before pressing the mixture into the pan.)
- 6 Set aside pan aside to allow treats to firm up and then cut into squares.
- 7 Melt chocolate and drizzle over treats. Sprinkle with sea salt.