Chipotle Sloppy Joes
You can easily get this family favorite on the table in well under a half hour. By all means make a double batch and either freeze leftovers or serve it later in the week tossed with pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 chipotle peppe in adobo sauce (minced)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 soft sandwich or hamburger rolls
Heat the oil in a large nonstick Circulon Elementum Skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6-7 minutes. Add the cumin, chili powder and chipotle; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Stir in the beef, breaking into smaller pieces with a spoon and cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes.
Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened and beef is cooked through. Spoon the mixture onto the rolls and serve.