- 8 cups loosely packed shredded iceberg lettuce (or Napa cabbage)
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Chinese Chicken Salad
Make this ahead by preparing the dressing and salad parts separately. Keep the salad refrigerated until ready to toss with the dressing and serve.
In a large bowl combine lettuce, chicken, onions, cilantro, carrots and peanuts. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Whisk together dressing ingredients. Toss with salad and serve immediately.