Pasta or Noodles
- 12 ounces bulk mild or hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 jar or 24 ounces red pasta sauce
- 3 cups uncooked mafalda (mini-lasagna noodles) pasta
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup or 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Easy Skillet Lasagna
One skillet and 30 minutes—homemade lasagna! Now enjoy this homemade favorite even when time is scarce.
In Circulon Ultimum 12-inch Skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, pasta and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender (add additional water if sauce seems too dry).
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Dollop teaspoonfuls of cheese mixture over lasagna mixture; spoon sauce over ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and heat on low 1 to 2 minutes until mozzarella is melted and ricotta mixture is hot.