- For the pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (can also use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose baking mix)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- For the chocolate syrup:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- For the garnish:
- powdered sugar
Gluten Free Chocolate Pancakes
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes are simple to make with wholesome ingredients. An allergy friendly pancake recipe with delicious hot chocolate sauce and berries!
Mix the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl using a whisk or spatula.
Heat the Circulon Elementum Double Burner Griddle over two burners to a medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter into circles on the griddle. Let cook until bubbles are on top, flip and continue cooking until done.
To make the hot chocolate sauce, place the chocolate chips, maple syrup and espresso powder in a small Circulon Elementum Saucepan and melt together over medium heat. Stir and serve warm.
Pour the hot chocolate sauce over a stack of pancakes and garnish with fresh berries and powdered sugar.