One-Pot One-Pot Wonders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 small bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled, minced)
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed, drained)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped + more for garnish)
- 1 avocado
- 2 stalks scallions (chopped)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
One-Pan Mexican Quinoa Recipe
Whether you serve it as a weeknight dinner or a healthy breakfast with an egg on top, this vegan and gluten free One-Pan Mexican Quinoa is an easy meal you can make for your family. It is ready in 30 minutes and can alternatively be served as a side dish or just by itself for a protein-packed nutritious meal.
Heat the oil in a Circulon Symmetry Merlot 12-inch Essential Pan with a lid over medium heat. Add in the onion, jalapeno pepper, cumin, and coriander. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, 7-8 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add in the quinoa, black beans, corn kernels, tomatoes, and salt and pepper. Give it a large stir.
Pour in the liquid, put the lid on, and bring it to a boil. Then turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20-23 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
Let it sit for 5 minutes or so and fluff with a fork. Right before serving stir in the fresh cilantro.
Spoon the Mexican quinoa into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado, and scallions. Serve with wedges of lime.