- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 Serrano pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings (tips removed, split at the joint)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
Sweet, spicy and savory—these wings have it all. The Asian-inspired flavors play off one another in the perfectly piquant sauce that glazes crunchy-crisp wings.
1. For the sauce heat the oil in a Circulon Momentum™ Hard-Anodized 2-Quart Saucepan over medium. Add the garlic, ginger and Serrano pepper; cook, stirring often, until starting to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar, fish sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until starting to thicken slightly, 6 minutes. Whisk in the cornstarch that has been dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water. Return mixture to a boil and cook until thickened, 1 minute. Keep warm.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
3. Toss the chicken wings in a large bowl with the flour to coat.
4. Heat the oil in a Circulon Momentum™ Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Stir Fry over medium, until the oil is hot enough to brown a 1-inch bread cube in 40-45 seconds. Add half the chicken wings and cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until the wings are golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Place on a baking sheet and keep warm in the preheated oven. Repeat with the remaining wings.
5. Transfer the wings to a large bowl, add the sauce and toss well to coat.