Serves a Crowd
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 rib) standing rib roast (8-9 pounds, trimmed)
Herb-Crusted Standing Rib Roast
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine the oil, mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture over rib roast and set the roast in a Circulon 16.5x14-Inch Roaster; let stand 30 minutes.
Set the roaster in the center of the oven. Roast beef until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 125°F-130°F for medium-rare, 2 hours-2 hours 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil; let stand 20 minutes before slicing.