Make great use of seasonal summer produce, with this quick and easy stir-fry containing sweet corn, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and sliced steak.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Entrée
- Pat the hanger steak dry with paper towels and season generously on both sides with kosher salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the thick vein in the center of the steak and slice the steak against the grain into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the wok, stir fry, or large skillet over medium heat and drizzle the grapeseed oil in the center. Once the oil begins to shimmer add the steak and cook 2 minutes per side. Remove the steak and set aside.
- Add the asparagus and corn to the pan and cook until the asparagus is starts to become tender, tossing frequently with a wooden spoon for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and the steak, plus accumulated juices back into the
- Continue to cook, while stirring frequently for another 2-3 minutes. Cherry tomatoes should soften, but still retain their shape.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze lemon juice over the stir-fry. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Developed by Susan Palmer of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen