This elegant twist on roasted onions appeals to guests who like to stick with traditional dishes and those who like a little adventure on their holiday plate.
- 3 pounds large shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven 425°F. Lightly oil a large shallow baking sheet.
- Combine the shallots, oil, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Arrange shallots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast shallots, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, 33-35 minutes.