White beans cook into a hearty-rich broth for this one-pan chicken and vegetables skillet meal. Serve with crusty bread and a salad.
- 2 strips bacon diced
- 12 ounces red or white thin-skinned potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-2 leeks cleaned and sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 3 carrots sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) small white beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a 10-12-inch skillet with lid, cook bacon (uncovered) until crisp. Remove from pan; drain fat, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add potatoes, leeks, celery, carrots, rosemary and thyme. Cook 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat until softened, adding 1/4 cup chicken broth when vegetables start to brown. Stir, scraping up browned bits.
- Add remaining broth, chicken and beans. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Uncover and simmer briefly to thicken sauce if desired.
- Serve in shallow bowls topped with reserved bacon and parsley.