Coconut milk brings out the creamy goodness in this vegetarian curry dish. Serve over rice for a complete, well-balanced and very tasty meatless meal.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons mild curry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 pounds firm tofu, cut in 1/2-inch squares
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil and curry in a large deep nonstick skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add the tofu and ginger and cook, gently stirring the tofu to coat it with the curry, for 30 seconds. Stop stirring and let the tofu get lightly browned for about 2 minutes. Toss and brown again. Gently transfer the tofu to a plate and add the pepper, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients and cook 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the vegetables are somewhat softened.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce and salt and stir; add the tofu and cook another 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the sauce slightly thickened.