Make this slaw as spicy or mild as you like. To make it one day in advance, simply store the vegetables, tossed together and undressed, covered in the refrigerator. The dressing may also be made the day before and stored separately.
- 1/2 medium red cabbage, shredded, about 6 cups
- 1/2 medium green cabbage, shredded, about 6 cups
- 1 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels, cut from 2 ears
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 radishe, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine the cabbages, corn, bell pepper, radishes, carrots, jalapeño pepper(s), and cilantro in a large bowl. Combine the lime juice, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Pour lime juice mixture over cabbage mixture and toss well to coat. Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving.