Strips of pork marinated in lime, chili and cumin and grilled are served with sliced mango, avocado, and savory sautéed peppers and onions along with warm tortillas to create a fajita fiesta.
- 1 1/2 lb ork tenderloin cut lengthwise into 4 strips
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon Salt divided
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced in 1/4 inch thick strips
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 Haas avocado cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Combine the pork, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, cumin, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a bowl; mix well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Remove pork from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, red and green bell peppers and remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt and cook until crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of lime juice and Worcestershire sauce and cook 1 minute longer; keep warm.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Remove pork from bowl and add to grill pan. Cook, turning occasionally, until pork is well marked and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut pork crosswise into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- To serve, arrange onion mixture and pork slices on a serving platter. Place mango slices, avocado, sour cream, and salsa in bowls and warm tortillas according to packaged directions and serve.