Serve this as a meatless main or side dish. Or, make it for your next party—whether at a barbecue or on a buffet table, it holds up beautifully and may be made a day ahead.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cans low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (3 medium ears)
- 2 Haas avocados, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh orange zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine the beans, corn, avocados, bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Combine the lime juice, cilantro, basil, oil, zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over bean mixture and gently toss to combine.