This is one of those dishes restaurateurs can never take off their menus because it is so universally beloved. But don’t just eat it in restaurants: it’s actually quite simple to make at home. Delicious served over egg noodles.
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced veal leg cutlets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 8 ounces white mushrooms quartered
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Season the veal with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread the flour on a large plate and dredge the cutlets on both sides, shaking off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 14-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the veal to the skillet and cook 1 1/2 minutes per side until golden. Transfer to a large baking sheet pan. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil. Add the remaining veal and cook 1 1/2 minutes per side; transfer to the baking sheet with and keep warm in the oven.