Chicken Parmesan doesn’t need to be complicated. This easy version takes just minutes, has only 180 calories and tastes great.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Plastic wrap
- Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise. Lay each half between two sheets of plastic wrap and hammer with a meat hammer or rubber mallet until it is about 1/4” thick.
- Remove top sheet of plastic and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg with a fork and pour into shallow bowl.
- In another bowl put 2 handfuls of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Heat frying pan over high heat and add a little olive oil.
- Once pan is hot, take flattened chicken, dip both sides in egg, then both sides in the Parmesan cheese, and then place in pan making sure some cheese stays on top of the chicken. Repeat for other piece.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until edges are turning white, then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place some warmed pasta sauce on a plate and place cooked chicken right on top of sauce. Serve hot.