A mélange of cheese is spread on rustic bread, then sprinkled with a bright green mixture of pea pods and mint creating a savory appetizer of fresh, bright flavors.
- 1/2 cup excellent quality ricotta
- 3 oz fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 18 sugar snap peas, very thinly sliced diagonally
- 6 slices of coarse-textured bread
- 1 whole clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- In the food processor, blend the ricotta, goat cheese, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and salt to taste until well blended. Alternately you can mash this mixture in a small bowl using a fork.
- In a frying pan, warm the remaining tablespoon olive oil and cook the sugar snap peas until almost tender but still bright green. Season with salt, to taste.
- Grill, toast or broil the bread until golden and lightly crisp. Rub the bread with the clove of garlic, using the crispy bread like a grater.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on the bread, spreading evenly.
- Top with the mint and sugar snap peas and serve immediately cut into serving size wedges.