Not every recipe requires a plethora of additives to manufacture intense flavor. With only a handful of ingredients, the recipe's simplicity highlights the tender taste of the baby Bok Choy by eliminating any extraneous components.
- 8 small baby Bok Choy, cut in half, ends trimmed
- 2 tsp softened butter mixed with 2 tsp of flour
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add water to a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the Bok Choy, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot and steam the vegetables for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the Bok Choy in a bowl filled with ice and cold water. Keep it there until it cools down. Strain the Bok Coy and dispose of the water.
- Pour the olive oil and the red pepper flakes in a sautè pan and cook over high heat for 1 minute. Add the Bok Choy and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking, then serve.