This spicy, flavorful and completely vegetarian entrée blends all of the amazing herbs and spices you find in Indian food in a very easy to make recipe you can enjoy all summer long. Stir-fry never tasted so good!
- For the rice:
- 1 package saffron rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- For the stir-fry:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 large zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 summer squash, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup chopped oyster mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 can (21 ounces) diced tomatoes, (not drained)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Bring 2 ½ cups of water to a rapid boil in a saucepan. Add the butter and saffron rice. Reduce to low and bring mixture to a simmer and cook until softened, about 22 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper together. Toss the tofu cubes with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish. Toss the tofu into the pan and bake for about 28 – 32 minutes, or until crispy.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil into a Circulon Momentum Stir Fry pan. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add in the zucchini, squash, mushrooms and carrots. Cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the tofu, remaining spice mixture, diced tomatoes and flour. Stir to coat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook about 5 more minutes. Add crushed red pepper and remove from heat.
- Stir in the cream. Serve the mixture in a bowl with the rice, cilantro and enjoy!