For a fast, healthful and complete meal, serve this over fast cooking brown rice or white rice.
- 1 lb Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp Dry sherry divided
- 2 tsp Reduced-sodium soy sauce divided
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch divided
- 3/4 cup Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp Chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil divided
- 1 Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger grated
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 3 cups Broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup Dry roasted cashew halves
- 1/2 cup Green onions chopped
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Combine the chicken, 1 tbsp of the sherry, 1 tbsp of the soy sauce, and 1 tbsp of the cornstarch in a bowl. Combine the remaining sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch, chicken broth, hoisin sauce, and chili-garlic sauce in a separate bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in the skillet; add the onion and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the red bell pepper and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli florets and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the reserved chicken mixture and cashews and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir the chicken broth mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in the green onions and remove from the heat.