Make this ahead by preparing the dressing and salad parts separately. Keep the salad refrigerated until ready to toss with the dressing and serve.
- 8 cups loosely packed shredded iceberg lettuce, or Napa cabbage
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, chicken, onions, cilantro, carrots and peanuts. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Toss with salad and serve immediately.