This is the perfect dough for fruit tarts and cream pies. It’s easy to work with and does not crumble as you try to mold it into a pan. The almond flour gives it a nice nutty flavor. Try substituting hazelnut flour instead of almond flour for a darker color and taste that pairs well with chocolate fillings.
- Yield: 2 nine inch fluted tart molds
- Sift the powdered sugar, almond flour, salt, and first measurement of flour together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and granulated sugar and paddle until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs slowly until combined.
- Add the sifted dry ingredient mixture and paddle until fully blended making sure to scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl often.
- Add the second measurement of flour and paddle until just blended making sure not to over mix.
- Turn the dough out onto plastic wrap and divide into two small, flat disks (each disk will weigh about one pound).
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours before use.