This is the perfect dough for fruit tarts and cream pies. It’s easy to work with and does not crumble as you try to mold it into a pan. The almond flour gives it a nice nutty flavor. Try substituting hazelnut flour instead of almond flour for a darker color and taste that pairs well with chocolate fillings.
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, soft but not melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Sift the powdered sugar, almond flour, salt, and first measurement of flour together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and granulated sugar and paddle until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs slowly until combined.
- Add the sifted dry ingredient mixture and paddle until fully blended making sure to scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl often.
- Add the second measurement of flour and paddle until just blended making sure not to over mix.
- Turn the dough out onto plastic wrap and divide into two small, flat disks (each disk will weigh about one pound).
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours before use.