Summer is not complete until you indulge in plenty of stone fruit. This recipe combines sweet cherries, rainier cherries, peaches, plums and nectarines. Walnuts add a little crunch. This is the perfect topping for ice cream and shortcakes.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Lightly grease wok, stir-fry pan or large skillet.
- Pour walnut oil in wok, and turn stovetop to medium heat. Let the walnut oil heat up – it will start to glisten when it is ready for the fruit.
- Drop the firmest of the fruit in first. Add peaches and plums first, allow those to cook for 8 to 10 minutes. The fruit should start to soften.
- Add the sweet cherries and Rainier cherries next. Continue to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add apricots and brown sugar. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes more. Cook just long enough to soften the fruit slightly, and allow the sugar to caramelize.
- Turn off the heat and toss the walnuts over top. Stir until everything combines perfectly.
- Remove from wok and transfer to serving bowl.
- This recipe can be eaten just like this, or serve it over top over ice cream, or shortcakes with whipped cream.
- Serve with a big old stone fruit loving smile!
Recipe developed by food blogger, Kim Beaulieu, of Cravings of a Lunatic