Yeah, we went there: bread pudding made from the leftovers of your Thanksgiving feast. It is bound to become a family classic.
- 5 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 cups cubed turkey
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly oil an 8-cup baking dish.
- Combine the stuffing, turkey and cheese in a large bowl. Combine the milk, eggs and salt in a separate bowl. Pour milk mixture into the stuffing mixture and mix well. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the center of the oven until puffed and the custard has set, about 65 to 75 minutes, if the top begins to get too brown cover loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.