Everything you love about summer vegetables is here in one bowl! Cook the vegetables just until they are crisp-tender for maximum flavor.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 8 ounce zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 8 ounce yellow squash , halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 cup assorted color cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the shallots and cook until starting to soften, 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until beginning to brown slightly, 2-3 minutes longer. Stir in the zucchini and squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp tender, 5-6 minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook until tomatoes just start to wilt, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.