- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup ice water
- Cut butter into small quarter inch cubes, separate on a cookie sheet and place in freezer.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix on low just to distribute ingredients.
- Add butter and mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal. Butter pieces should be no larger than small pea size.
- Add the ice water and mix on low speed just until the dough pulls together.
- Turn the dough out onto plastic wrap and divide into two small round disks.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours before use.